First Baptist Church of Hudson BAFTA Women’s Group meets on the first Tuesday of the month at 7:00 PM from September to June. Dinner meetings began at 6:00 PM. All women of the church and community are invited to join us. Our group is part of the Southern Monadnock Association of Vermont/NH American Baptist Women. The Ladies hold a breakfast on the third Saturday of the month at 7:30 am at The Pine St. Eatery.
Monthly meetings consist of a program, refreshments provided by two members who act as hostesses for the month and a business meeting. Our Treasury is funded with money we earn from public dinners, yard sales, pound parties, harvest auctions, cutlery sales, “Pie Sunday” pie sales and donations.
Other activities include:
- Brunch Bunch – Meets 3rd Sunday at Donna’s place for fellowship and food.
- BAFTA Collections:
- Cell phones – Donated then refurbished at the Verizon Store and sent to service men and women overseas.
- Educational stamps – Boxtops, Campbell Soup labels and cancelled stamps are collected for education institutions. Greeting card fronts are donated to nursing homes for crafts.
- Eyeglasses – Collected and donated.
- Newspapers – Collected for those who use in heating their homes.
- Ladies Breakfast – Meets once a month for fellowship and food.
- Lap Blanket Ministry – Makes blankets for our graduates, those who are ill, or who have lost loved ones.
- Moore Mart – Puts together care packages for men and women overseas as well as local school children.
- RADA Cutlery -A catalogue of kitchen supplies
- School credit and crafts
- Special Olympic Scarfs – Made each January of specific colors for the local Special Olympics teams.
- Ugli quilts – Made as a sleeping bag and donated to the homeless in the Hudson/Nashua area.
If you’d like to contact the leader of this group, visit the Contact Us page.